Calendula Cornflower Butter-Spread
So, it started out with the intention of being a fudge for dessert...but came out more rich and butter-like in it's consistency... So I called it butter! P.S. It's vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, and raw!
- 2Tbs calendula flowers (tops, dried or fresh)
- 2Tbs cornflowers (tops, dried or fresh)
- 2Tbs coconut flour
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 ripe avocado, large
- 1Tbs coconut oil
- 1Tbs cocoa butter
- sea salt, to taste
- Soak the calendula, cornflowers, and coconut flour in the coconut milk.
- Meanwhile, put the rest of the ingredients into food processor.
- Add in the liquid portion and blend!
- Transfer to tray or container, and freeze until firm. Sprinkle more sea salt on top if you like.
- After it hardens, may store in fridge and substitute for your regular butter!
***P.P.S. To make into a sweet fudge, remove coconut milk, and add honey/agave to taste :) Voila!