Stress-free chocolate walnut truffles
Makes 16 truffles
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3 Tbs raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup ground herbs (we recommend any combination of the following adaptogens/nervines ground in spice/coffee grinder: ashwagandha, holy basil, nettles, lemonbalm, lavender, skullcap, rose, catnip, chamomile...or any other herb you'd like to experiment with!)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 8 oz medjool dates, pitted (~14 dates)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: shredded coconut, hemp seeds or sesame seeds for rolling
- Place walnuts, cocoa powder, ground herbs, cinnamon, and salt in food processor and process into fine meal.
- Add dates and vanilla extract. Process for 1-2 minutes until the mixture easily sticks together when pressed. (If too wet, you can add another tablespoon of cacao powder or ground herbs; if too dry - add another date.)
- Roll into tablespoon-sized balls.
- Roll each ball into topping of choice - coconut, hemp or sesame seeds.
- Freeze or refrigerate until serving.