Rhubarb Apple Jam
- 2 cups rhubarb stalks, chopped
- 1 large sweet apple (I used red delicious - preferably organic!), chopped + pitted
- 1 cup sweetener of choice (maple syrup, honey, agave, coconut/white/brown sugar)
- 1 tsp orange or lemon zest
- ½ cup water
- Optional: 1 pear or plum, chopped and pitted
- Optional: fresh ginger grated, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in large saucepan, and let sit at room temperature for an hour.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to sterile hot mason jars and tighten cap; store in refrigerator.
- Use as topping for crackers/cookies/cakes/bread or any other way you use jam!