3-Herb Vegan Pesto
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2c dried gotu kola
- 1/2c dried sage (I didn’t have fresh, but you can certainly use it fresh!)
- 1 cup walnuts (or nut of choice)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (can be substituted by hard cheese or cheddar for non-vegan option)
- 1/4 cup raw hemp seeds, optional
- 1 1/2 cup olive oil (extra virgin, cold-pressed)
- Salt, to taste
- In food processor (I use Ninja blender system), combine nuts and garlic.
- Add the herbs and grind.
- Add the nutritional yeast and hemp seeds, continue to blend.
- Slowly incorporate the oil, a little at a time, until an even mixture results.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh herb on a nice dish and serve on some gluten-free crackers or as a spread for sourdough bread!