Turmeric Bone Broth
The benefits of bone broth are myriad; so much so that I would consider it a miracle food, or at the very least, medicinal. To name a few, bone broth supports healing of the inner lining of the digestive tract, which in turn nourishes our nervous system, and provides the building blocks for collagen, necessary for joint health. It is helpful in almost any condition because all health begins in the gut.
- 3-4 lbs beef or chicken bones (with or without meat, preferably grass fed, free range, organic)
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 5 carrots, cut in pieces
- 5 celery stalks, cut in pieces
- 4-5 garlic cloves, chopped or smashed
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt (or other mineral rich salt)
- 1 Tbs cumin or black cumin
- 2 Tbs turmeric powder, organic
- 2 Tbs nettles powder, organic (optional)
- pinch of cayenne powder (optional)
- 3 Tbs organic apple cider vinegar
- 1-1.5 gallons filtered water
- In large crockpot (or slowcooker, or stovetop pot), combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, skimming fat when it rises to surface as needed.
- Bring down to simmer and cook over low heat for at least 12 hours, preferably 24-48 hours.
- Remove from heat, let cool.
- Strain out liquid.
- Store broth in fridge for up to a week or freeze for up to 4 months.